Sunday, August 1, 2010

Scentsy?

Please tell me you've heard of "Scentsy"? What about Scentsy parties? I realize that I'm lagging behind this growing phenomenon of warm and inviting living spaces everywhere - BUT - I'd like to think that it has something to do with a still lingering masculinity and a fear of accumulating needless trinkets.

"Scentsy" are flameless, sootless, wickless candles. THANK GOD right!?!?  I know, I know - I hear stories all the time of houses and businesses and quaint little cottages that have burned down due to the senseless wicks and flames of the outdated "Yankee" candles of yesteryear. Needless tragedies!

Scentsy has travel tins, and hanging fresheners, and room sprays, and aromatic bricks and bars - but their real claim to fame is "Scentsy Parties" (think Pampered Chef). You can host a Scentsy party simply by having a passion for wickless candles and then contacting an Authentic Scentsy Consultant (or becoming one yourself). There's a Scentsy Party in your area, and they aren't hard to find - my wife found one.  Twenty five bucks later we are fully equipped with echo, vanilla suede, and clove and cinnamon candle inserts - well-suited for a variety of social gatherings.  And I cannot tell you how excited I am!

Thank you Scentsy!  Thank you for changing my life!

3 comments:

  1. what do you have against pampered chef? :) I can't wait to bring my kids on over to your house and smell warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah - my husband thinks that he is going to start a "tool" party where the guys all come over and buy tools for their garages.

    ReplyDelete