Wednesday, May 18, 2011

baby kota

How many transitions in life are there?  100's?  1,000's even?  Often times, somewhere in the middle of the 'big ones', I've found myself thinking (saying), "Am I really here right now?  Is this really my life?"

Well, I've found myself there again.  On Tuesday, May 17th, at 3:42a.m., Kota Ryan Thune was born.  She's beautiful!  My brother Bob, after rebuking me via Facebook for not posting any pictures, asked me how I was doing - how I was feeling?  I'm still trying to figure out how to respond.  This space, this moment, it's just so surreal.  I'm a father now.  How did that happen (that's a rhetorical question - feel free to rescue your mind from the gutter)?

Transitions turn into realities, and the same is true in this case.  But I think this one may take awhile.  My wife was an absolute rock star, receiving no drugs, no epidural, delivering her first child 'all naturale'.  But we both agree, that prideful hearts are of little concern.  God was ahead of us, in the room with us, sovereign over it all.

So...am I really here right now?  Is this really my life?  I hope so.

Here are just a few pics Bob.  More to   Kota's first full day in this world.  Enjoy.

Yes I know she's upside down

The Thune girls

Jarryd Cole and Kota - they have a special bond

And...Big Joe.  Only question...which one is cuter?

Grandma Dubbs.  I know, I know, how can she possibly be a grandma.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)She is beautiful! And I totally know what you mean about surreal! You and ashley will be wonderful parents, with God's constant guidance. Just try and take in each moment, and when you're tired or frustrated remember the moments are fleeting and should be treasured, even the smelly ones! :)
    Love you guys and we can't wait to meet her!
    Makenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats guys! What a beautiful baby! So happy for you.....enjoy these first moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pics, Jeff! Soph is going to love them all. So excited to meet your beautiful baby girl soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found Sophie trying to stand on her head to look at the first picture of Kota! She said, "She's sort of hard to see upside down." I knew she'd love the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Man!! Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete