Sunday, May 29, 2011

girls, photos, drama

On Kota's 11th day of life, she had a PHOTO SHOOT!  Girls will be girls right?

Ashley's friend Sarah Nebel is a very talented artist who has her very own studio in Riverside, Iowa - the self-proclaimed future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk (one more reason the rest of the nation is making fun of Iowa).

We took outfits, we took accessories, we took diapers - and Kota struck a pose - poses even.  But it took a while.  Babies don't seem to care a whole lot about your 'timetable'.

God help me, I've just realized I have a girl!  Dresses, and frills, and calculating frowns will turn into school dances and credit cards and little Justin Beiber's - where's my shotgun honey?  And the emotions!  I've seen a few meltdowns in my day (probably caused a few if I'm honest).  Oh the luxury of stepping aside, shrugging it off, walking away.  I remember standing next to my college football coach in the gymnasium one day as a female basketball player ran past us balling.  And she was 22.  He turned to me and said, "that's why I don't coach girls.  I don't know what to do with that."  Neither do I coach.

Okay, so I'm a little ahead of myself.  Currently, Kota remains an infant.

So maybe my prayer life becomes a healthy balance of the woman I want her to be - and the women I want her to avoid.  God have mercy - give me the grace to raise a woman of character - and not a high maintenance drama queen with a pierced navel (no offense to anyone with a pierced navel).  I digress.

Kota's 'professional' shots will be done soon.  Until then, here are some of her dad's:

Check out www.sarahnebelphotography.com/ - she's got crazy skills

"Can I get a little couch space please?"





"Ahhhhh!!!"


"Thinking about my next move"


"Milk is good"

"I can see your heart Mom"
"Already working dad over"


No comments:

Post a Comment